Have you been injured while playing sports? We know that a sports injury can do a lot more than just put you on the sidelines—it can have a serious impact on your life. But we can help. Our whole-body approach to health care means we will use a variety of therapies to treat your injuries at their source and prevent them from coming back. So let us help you. We’ll get back in the game and playing at your peak performance.
Common Sports Injuries and Symptoms
There are many types of sports injuries, but here are a few of the most common:
- Stress fractures (tiny cracks in a bone, that often occur in the feet)
- Knee injuries
- Shin splints
While sports injuries come in many varieties, there are some symptoms that are shared by a lot of them. So here are a few symptoms to look out for:
- Tenderness to the touch
- Joint stiffness
- Popping or crunching noises from your joints
Diagnosing Your Injuries
At Activa Clinics, we provide customized treatment plans. That means all of our therapies and services can be tailored to your unique needs.
To guide us in creating your custom plan, it’s important that we get a complete picture of your situation. That’s why our process always starts with us speaking to you. We’ll talk about how you sustained the injury, your symptoms, medical history, and goals for your treatment.
We can use a variety of advanced diagnostic tools to help us uncover your injuries. That includes MRI, bone scan, ultrasound, and nerve conduction study.
How Can Activa Help Me?
If you’re worried that your injury is going to require surgery, we can help. We offer a wide range of non-invasive treatments. Just some of the services we provide include:
- Physiotherapy: Can provide strengthening exercises, stretches, and massage for reducing swelling and improving your range of motion.
- Chiropractic: Can provide manual adjustments to solve bone misalignments that result from sports injuries.
- Acupuncture: Can stimulate the healing of injured areas and the release of your body’s natural painkillers.
- Custom Orthotics: Can help correct issues with your movement and take stress off your joints.
- Functional braces and straps: Can help you return to a more active lifestyle as soon as possible.
Let us Help You
With our large, multi-disciplinary team of health care providers, we can help you get over your sports injury and back to feeling like yourself. Our treatments are efficient and effective at both helping patients recover and preventing injuries in the future.