Knee pain can stop you in your tracks. It can keep you from being active and turn even a short walk into an excruciating experience.At Activa Clinics, we can treat your knee pain. We’ll work to uncover the cause of your pain and then solve it at the source. This is how we provide effective and long-lasting results.
Knee pain can come in many forms, and we can help no matter what symptoms you’re experiencing. That includes:
- Knee swelling
- Knee stiffness
- Knee weakness
- Redness around your knee
- Knee instability
- Popping noises when moving your knee
- Inability to fully extend or contract your knee
- Inability to bear weight on your knee
What Causes Knee Pain?
Knee pain is often caused by injuries like strains or torn cartilage. These injuries can occur for a number of reasons. For instance, certain sports and occupations can put repetitive stress on the knees. Some other common risk factors include:
- A previous injury that weakened your knee.
- Being overweight puts added stress on your knee joints.
- Lack of physical fitness can lead to not enough muscle to stabilize the knee joint.
But knee pain can also be caused by medical conditions like infections or rheumatoid arthritis (RA). So if you’re not sure what’s causing your pain, our knowledgeable health care providers will help uncover the root cause.
Diagnosing Your Knee Pain
Our healthcare providers have extensive experience helping people with knee pain. That includes helping patients recover following an accident or surgery, finding solutions for athletes with chronic knee pain, or treating workers with repetitive stress injuries.
This experience means we know how to uncover the cause of your pain. Our process always starts with our doctors speaking to you about your symptoms, history, and goals for your treatment. Then we’ll perform a physical exam. We can also use a variety of advanced diagnostic tools such as bone scan, CT scan, MRI, and nerve conduction study.
Once we discover the cause of your issues, we’ll create a custom treatment plan that’s tailored to your unique needs.
How can Activa Help Me?
Our comprehensive range of treatments means we can take a whole-body approach to heal your issues. Here are just some of the treatments we offer and examples of how they can help you.
- Physiotherapy: Can include stretches and strengthening exercises that help stabilize your knee joints and restore flexibility.
- Chiropractic: Can provide spinal adjustments to correct imbalances and relieve stress on your knee.
- Massage therapy: Can solve issues with the muscles, tendons, and nerves in your knees.
- Custom orthotics: Can correct dysfunctions in your posture or movement that cause knee pain.
- Braces: Can offer stability and protection to let you be more active while also helping your knee to heal.
- Acupuncture: Can promote healing and the flow of nutrients to the knee joints.
- Mental health therapy: Can reduce knee pain symptoms by treating issues like depression.
If you’ve been putting off treatment for your knee pain because you’re afraid it will require surgery, we can help. As you can see, we offer a wide variety of non-invasive solutions that can fix your knee issues without the need for surgery.
Let us Help
Don’t try to put up with your knee pain. Solving your issue may be easier than you think and it will prevent things from getting worse.
Our treatments go beyond pain relief to provide long term solutions. So if you’ve been dealing with knee pain, let us help you overcome your issues. Give us a call or schedule a consultation today to learn more about what we can do for you.