If you’ve suffered a bone fracture, we can help. We provide a comprehensive range of treatment options and can create a custom plan to address your unique issues. This is how we will help you fully recover from your fracture as soon as possible.
Types of Fractures and Symptoms
Broken bones can come in many forms. There are some types of fractures that you may not even notice at first, and others that are instantly debilitating. Here are a few of the different types:
- Stress fracture: As opposed to a broken bone, stress fractures are tiny cracks that form in a bone, and cause pain that gradually increases over time. They often occur in the feet.
- Greenstick fracture: The bone bends and cracks but isn’t completely separated. Sometimes the symptoms can be mild enough to be mistaken for a sprain. It most often occurs in children because their bones are more flexible.
- Spiral fracture: The bone breaks in a spiral pattern, usually due to a twisting injury.
- Comminuted fracture: The bone breaks into three or more pieces and results in bone fragments around the break.
No matter what type of fracture you may have, there are a few common signs of a broken bone that you can watch out for:
- Inability to put weight on the injury
- Inability to move the injured area
- A grating sensation in a joint
What Causes Fractures?
Healthy bones are very strong. So most often, fractures come as the result of a violent impact. However, there are a number of factors and conditions that can weaken your bones, making fractures more likely even from small bumps or normal activities.
- Lack of proper nutrition
- Lack of exercise
- Medical conditions like osteoporosis, tumour, kidney disease, or diabetes.
Diagnosing Your Fracture
At Activa Clinics, we have experience diagnosing and treating all types of fractures. To help us get a complete view of your injury, we can use advanced diagnostic tools like x-ray, ultrasound, and bone scan.
If your injury seems to be the result of weakened bones, we will uncover the root cause of your issues. That way we can help prevent more fractures in the future.
How Can Activa Help Me?
Once we know what type of fracture we’re dealing with, we can create a custom treatment plan for you. This plan will take into account your unique needs and goals for your treatment.
We offer a wide range of services that we can incorporate into your custom plan, including:
- Physiotherapy: Can help with rehabilitation and swelling reduction.
- Chiropractic: Can help treat the bone misalignments that are associated with fractures.
- Massage therapy: Can speed up the healing of fractures by restoring circulation and lymphatic flow.
- Acupuncture: Can relive pain through your body’s own painkillers and stimulate healing.
- Functional braces: Can help you return to activities sooner by providing stability.
Call us Today
Helping people recover from injuries like broken bones is one of our specialties. We have extensive experience providing personalized rehabilitation plans.
Using our range of therapies, we can ensure your fractures heal properly and quickly. To learn more about how we can help, give us a call or schedule a consultation today.