Foot pain can really slow you down. It can prevent you from staying active and from getting around. If the pain is bad enough, it can make it difficult to focus on anything else.On top of that, foot pain can lead to more problems. For example, when it causes you to change the way you move, it can put stress on your other joints. This can result in knee pain, hip pain, back pain, and more.Don’t wait too long to get your foot pain treated. Fixing your problems is probably easier than you think. With our custom treatments and expert practitioners. we’ll get you back to your regular routine in no time.
Foot pain can occur in many different areas. Some of the symptoms you might experience include:
- Heel pain
- Pain in your toes
- Pain in the arch of the foot
- Pain in the ball of your feet
- Swelling of your feet, ankles, or toe joints
- Stabbing pain
What can cause Foot Pain?
There can be many possible reasons for your foot pain. When you come to us, we work with you to help discover the root cause before we begin treatment.
Some factors that often play a role in foot pain are:
- Excessive strain
- Standing for too long
- Being overweight
- Injuries to nerves in the feet (can cause burning pain, numbness, and tingling)
- Poor-fitting footwear
- Medical conditions like diabetes and high blood pressure
- Dysfunctions in the mechanics of your feet
Some of these factors can result in conditions like plantar fasciitis or Achilles tendinitis which can take time to heal once diagnosed and treated early.
Diagnosing your Foot Pain
At Activa Clinics, we use a variety of methods to discover the cause and design a treatment for your painful feet. Our process always starts with speaking to you about your issues, medical history, and goals for your treatment.
Then we’ll perform a physical examination. If needed, we use a variety of advanced diagnostic tools such as ultrasound, MRI, and nerve conduction study. Based on these findings, we’ll work with you to create your custom treatment plan.
How can Activa Help Me?
The causes for your foot pain are as unique as you are. That’s why we will create a custom treatment plan to address your issues at their source. As opposed to just treating your symptoms, this approach ensures you stay healthy and pain-free in the future.
Our wide range of services means we can help with all types of conditions that cause foot pain. Just some of the services we can offer include:
- Custom orthotics to accommodate problem areas of your foot or to correct issues with the way you move.
- Massage therapy to relieve pain, treat muscle issues, and improve circulation to the foot.
- Physiotherapy can include massage, stretches, and exercises to address your foot issues.
- Compression socks and stockings that alleviate blood circulation issues that cause foot pain.
- Chiropractic can solve skeletal misalignments and imbalances that contribute to foot pain.
- And many more therapies including acupuncture, cold laser therapy, and injury recovery programs.