If you’re suffering from back pain, relief is closer than you think. This condition affects most people at some point in their lives, and when it gets bad enough, any movement may be painful. Back pain can force you to put your life on hold, making it one of the most common reasons people miss work or go to the doctor. We can help identify the source of your pain and solve the root cause so you experience long -term pain relief. Let us take care of your back pain before it stops you in your tracks.
Our many years of experience treating all forms of back pain means we can no matter what symptoms you’re having. If you have:
- Acute lower back pain
- Acute upper back pain
- Painful spasms of the back muscles
- Trouble standing up straight
- Pain or numbness that spreads to the arms or legs
- Pain that increases when sitting
- Loss of height over an extended period
Then book an appointment with us now.
What causes the pain?
Back pain has a wide variety of causes, from poor posture to degenerative diseases or accidents. Sometimes, these conditions can affect nerves in your back or spinal cord, resulting in pain, loss of feeling, or weakness in other areas of the body. It’s recommended that if you have these types of symptoms, you shouldn’t wait to schedule an appointment.
Some of the causes and risk factors for developing back pain include:
- Aging: Back pain is more common starting at around age 30-40.
- Lack of fitness: Weak back muscles and abs can’t properly support the spine.
- Weight gain: Excess weight puts more stress on the back.
- Pregnancy: Pelvic changes and changes to weight distribution can stress the back.
- Genetics: A variety of spinal conditions can be caused by your genes.
- Heavy lifting: Improperly lifting heavy objects can cause injury.
- Smoking: Tobacco use reduces the flow of blood and nutrients to the spine.
- Mental health issues: Anxiety and depression cause muscle tension and sensitivity.
Diagnosing Your Back Pain
To uncover the source of your back pain, we start by speaking with you about your symptoms, medical history, and limitations caused by your back pain. We then discuss the goals for your treatment.
Next, our experienced healthcare providers will perform a physical examination. We also use an array of advanced diagnostic tools to find the cause of the back pain. This may include X-Ray, CT scan, ultrasound, and nerve conduction study the circumstances. Once we have a diagnosis, we work with you to create your custom treatment plan to help ease the pain.
How can Activa Help Me?
At Activa Clinics, we can provide a variety of treatment options to help solve your back problems. Besides giving you pain relief, our treatments will address the root cause of your issues—so they won’t come back.
Our large team of medical professionals allows us to take a whole-body approach, and we can combine a range of therapies to get the best results for you.
A few of the services we offer include:
- Physiotherapy: Including physical therapy stretching and exercise programs that strengthen back muscles and help you heal.
- Chiropractic: Including spinal adjustments to solve misalignments and issues like pinched nerves.
- Massage therapy: Including deep tissue massage to relieve stress and promote healing to the back.
- Spinal traction: Can straighten the spine and take the pressure off compressed discs.
- Orthotics: Can correct issues with the way you walk that may cause back pain.
- Acupuncture: Can relieve pain and promote healing in the back.
- Braces: Back braces can prevent further injuries and allow you to get back to normal activities sooner.