Neck pain can be a real “pain in the neck”. If you’re suffering from chronic neck pain or restricted motion, it can get in the way of just about everything you do. On top of that, you might not know how to avoid making it worse, because there are so many possible causes for neck pain. But we can help. We have experience diagnosing and treating all forms of neck pain. We can create a custom treatment plan that will get your neck working properly and pain-free.
Issues in your neck can lead to a range of symptoms. Some common symptoms that we can help with include:
- Sharp neck pain
- General soreness
- Stiffness and difficulty moving your neck
- Burning pain that radiates to your shoulders and arms
- Numbness and tingling
What Causes Neck Pain?
Neck pain is often caused by mechanical issues such as poor posture. For example, if you spend most of your day hunched over a computer or work area, it can lead to muscle strain in your neck.
Less often, neck pain is caused by a more serious condition. That can include things like:
- Worn joints: Normal wear and tear or degenerative diseases like arthritis cause neck joints to deteriorate.
- Pinched nerve: Disfunction with the bones and discs in your neck can press on the nerves connected to your spinal cord.
- Disease: Cancer, meningitis, and rheumatoid arthritis are some diseases that can cause neck pain.
- Injuries: The neck can be vulnerable to injuries since it’s flexible and supports the weight of your head. One example is whiplash injuries resulting from car accidents.
If your neck pain first appeared following an injury, you shouldn’t hesitate to get it checked out. Early assessment and treatment can prevent a minor injury from becoming more serious.
Diagnosing Your Neck Pain
At Activa Clinics, we can identify the cause of your neck pain and solve the issue at its source. Since there are so many possible causes for neck pain, the knowledge and experience of our medical professionals will play a key role in your treatment.
We’ll begin by talking with you about your symptoms and medical history, as well as any limitations your facing. Then we’ll perform a physical examination. We also have an array of advanced diagnostic tools to help us get to the root of your issue. They include x-ray, ultrasound, CT-scan, bone scan, and more.
The reason its so important to find the underlying cause of your issue is because that’s the best way to provide long-lasting results. As opposed to focusing on just alleviating your symptoms, we take a whole-body approach to find and correct the cause of your issues.
How can Activa Help Me?
Once we uncover the cause of your neck pain, we will create a custom treatment plan to solve it. Your custom plan can incorporate a wide range of therapies. They include:
- Physiotherapy: Including exercises and stretches to solve neck dysfunctions, as well as education on how to avoid injuries in the future.
- Chiropractic: Including manual adjustments to alleviate pinched nerves.
- Massage therapy: That can treat strained muscles, tendons, and nerves.
- Acupuncture: To alleviate pain, improve circulation, and promote healing.
- Custom Orthotics: Can correct issues with your posture or movement that cause neck pain.
- Mental health therapy: Can reduce the severity of pain symptoms by treating mental health issues that are related to pain sensitivity.
Let us Help
With our wide range of therapies and custom treatment plans, we can solve the cause of your neck pain. So don’t waste another day living with your pain. To learn more about how we can help, give us a call or schedule a consultation today.