Knowing what to do about your headaches can be tough. That’s because there are many different types of headaches, and even more possible causes.They can range from a mild, stress-induced headache to excruciating chronic migraines. In addition, some headaches can be a sign of serious medical conditions that need to be dealt with immediately.We can help you make sense of it all. With our knowledgeable professionals and advanced diagnostics, we can uncover the root cause of your headaches and solve the problem at its source.
We have experience helping patients overcome all types of headaches. So we can help no matter what symptoms you may be experiencing, including:
- Aching pain on both sides of your head
- Pain on just one side of your head
- Sharp or burning pain
- Pain located around or behind your eye
- Pain spreading to or from your neck
- The feeling of having a tight band around your head
- Blurred vision
- Excessive tearing
As an important note, you should seek immediate medical attention if you think you’ve experienced a thunderclap headache. These are extremely painful headaches that come on very suddenly, like a clap of thunder. They reach their full intensity within 60 seconds and last at least 5 minutes. A thunderclap headache can be a sign of issues with the blood vessels in your brain.
What Causes Headaches?
Headaches are usually broken down into two categories based on their cause: primary headaches and secondary headaches.
Primary headaches are caused by issues in the muscles and nerves of your head or neck, or the chemical activity in your brain. They are not the symptom of another condition.
Possible causes for primary headaches:
- Lack of sleep
- Skipped meals
- Poor posture
Secondary headaches are a symptom of another condition. That can be a wide range of issues including everything from dehydration to a stroke.
Possible causes for secondary headaches:
- Sinus infection
- High blood pressure
- Panic attacks
- Brain tumour
Diagnosing Your Headaches
At Activa Clinics, we are experts at uncovering the underlying causes of your pain. We will start by speaking with you about your history, symptoms, and goals for your treatment.
Then, we’ll perform an examination. To help us uncover the source of your headaches, we can use advanced imaging tools including MRI, CT scan, and brain spec scan. Once we discover the cause of your headaches, we’ll create a custom treatment plan to solve it.
How can Activa Help Me?
We offer a variety of treatments that can help cure your headaches and keep them from coming back. Our treatments include:
- Massage therapy to solve problems with the muscles and nerves that trigger headaches.
- Mental health counselling and therapy to address headache-related issues like depression, anxiety, and how well you cope with stress.
- Physiotherapy can provide stretching and exercise programs that will take the stress off of headache-causing nerves and muscles.
- Chiropractic and orthotics to solve posture and movement problems that contribute to headaches.
- Acupuncture for treating headache trigger points, providing rapid relief, and improving overall health.
With our range of therapies, we can create a custom treatment plan to address your unique issues. So no matter what type of headaches you suffer from, we can help.