Suffering from elbow pain? Don’t waste another day living with it. At Activa Clinics, our expert team will discover the source of your pain and address the root causes to ensure the pain doesn’t return.
Issues in your elbows can cause a variety of symptoms. Here are some common symptoms we can help with:
- Pain on the outside of your elbow
- Pain on the inside of your elbow
- Pain that spreads to your forearm and wrist
- Pain that spreads to your upper arm and shoulder
- Pain in elbow joint
- Elbow pain when lifting
- Limited range of movement
What causes Elbow Pain?
Most often, elbow pain is caused by inflammation of tendons in your arm, which can be the result of overuse. But there is a range of other possible causes that include more serious injuries and underlying health conditions.
Here are a few of the most common causes of elbow pain:
- Tennis elbow: This condition involves the tendons on the outside of your elbow getting strained or torn due to repetitive motions. It can be caused by all sorts of activities besides tennis. For instance, it can even be caused by repetitive use of a computer mouse.
- Golfer’s elbow: This condition is similar to tennis elbow, except it affects tendons on the inside of your elbow. It can be caused by activities that involve repeated and forceful finger clenching and use of the wrists. That includes weight training, throwing sports, and occupations that involve using hand tools.
- Stress fractures: Stress fractures are tiny cracks in a bone. They can be caused when your bones are put under an amount force they are not accustomed to, such as when you start a new exercise program or increase the intensity of an activity too quickly. The pain from these tiny cracks may be barely noticeable at first, but it tends to get worse over time.
- Arthritis: Compared to other joints, your elbows are less susceptible to wear-and-tear damage due to arthritis. However, various types of arthritis are still a common cause of elbow pain.
Diagnosing your Elbow Pain
Our process starts with speaking to you about your symptoms, medical history, and goals for your treatment. Then we’ll conduct a thorough physical exam that can include advanced diagnostic tools. For example, we can use imaging tools like ultrasound, X-Ray, and MRI.
Once we uncover the source of your elbow pain, we will create a custom treatment plan that’s as unique as you are.
How can Activa help me?
At Activa Clinics, we take a whole-body approach to treatment. This means that as opposed to just treating your symptoms, we focus on fixing the cause of your issues. This is how we can ensure your elbow pain doesn’t return in the future.
Here are some of the services we offer to help with your elbow pain:
- Physiotherapy: Helps manage pain and improve elbow strength and flexibility. Our physiotherapists can solve issues that cause elbow pain and teach you ways to prevent injuries in the future.
- Chiropractic: Can include manual adjustments to your bones that not only relieve pain in the elbows but solve the biomechanical issues that caused it.
- Massage therapy: Our massage therapists are experts in treating soft tissues in the elbow. They can use deep tissue massage to eliminate pain and restore elbow function.
- Acupuncture: Can activate the body’s natural painkillers, improve circulation, and promote healing.
- Functional braces: We can provide a variety of functional braces that can prevent further damage while your elbow issues heal.
- Mental health therapy: Our counsellors and therapists can treat the mental health issues that increase your pain sensitivity, like anxiety and depression.
Let us help
Our team of healthcare professionals has extensive experience diagnosing and treating all types of pain. Let us help you uncover the source of your elbow pain and fix it for good. To learn more about how we can help, give us a call or schedule a consultation today.