Car Accident Injury
If you think you’ve been injured in a car accident, it’s important to get medical attention as soon as possible. That’s because even minor injuries can become more serious if they’re left untreated. We can help you overcome whatever injuries you might have sustained and get you back to your normal life. We can also give you peace of mind that there are no untreated issues, so you can leave your accident behind you.
Car accidents can cause a wide range of issues, from soft tissue sprains to traumatic brain injuries. But there are a few symptoms of common injuries that you can watch out for.
Just keep in mind that the symptoms may not show up for some time after the accident. For example, the signs of a concussion can sometimes take weeks to appear.
Here are a few symptoms that can be signs of common car accident injuries:
What Causes Car Accident Injuries?
Car accidents can involve a lot of trauma to your body. Most obviously, many injuries are caused by the force of the crash causing your body to hit an object like a car’s side window.
But even if your body doesn’t strike anything, you can still get injured from the force of the crash itself. For instance, spinal cord injuries can be caused by the car rapidly shifting positions under you. And collarbone and rib injuries can even be caused by your seatbelt as your bodyweight presses against it.
Another cause of injuries in car accidents is when your internal organs impact your skeleton, such as when your brain hits the walls of your skull.
Diagnosing Your Injuries
We have plenty of experience helping patients recover from car accidents. To uncover the injuries caused by your accident, we’ll start by speaking with you about your symptoms and limitations. Then we’ll perform a physical exam that can include a range of diagnostic tools. For instance, we can use advanced technologies like bone scan, CT scan, ultrasound, and nerve conduction study.
How Can Activa Help Me?
- Physiotherapy: Can treat a range of injuries and help restore strength and range of motion.
- Massage therapy: Can help heal soft tissue damage.
- Chiropractic: Can treat back and neck injuries as well as nerve issues.
- Acupuncture: Can relieve pain and boost the healing process.
- Spinal Traction: Ideal for treating disc issues from accidents.
- Mental health therapy: Our counsellors and therapists can help with the mental issues related to car accidents.
- Functional braces: Can get you back to normal activities sooner by providing stability and helping you heal.
At Activa Clinics, we can also help with dealing with auto insurance companies. We have extensive experience treating victims of motor vehicle accidents, and most of our services are covered through either a car insurer or employer.