If you think you’ve been injured in a car accident, it’s important to get medical attention as soon as possible. That’s because even minor injuries can become more serious if they’re left untreated. We can help you overcome whatever injuries you might have sustained and get you back to your normal life. We can also give you peace of mind that there are no untreated issues, so you can leave your accident behind you.
Car accidents can cause a wide range of issues, from soft tissue sprains to traumatic brain injuries. But there are a few symptoms of common injuries that you can watch out for.
Just keep in mind that the symptoms may not show up for some time after the accident. For example, the signs of a concussion can sometimes take weeks to appear.
Here are a few symptoms that can be signs of common car accident injuries:
- Neck pain
- Back pain
- Shoulder pain
- Leg pain
- Knee pain
- Foot pain
- Signs of concussion (headache, nausea, loss of consciousness, dizziness)
- Signs of nerve damage (tingling or numbness such as in your neck or extremities)
- Mental health issues like PTSD, anxiety, and depression
Car accidents can involve a lot of trauma to your body. Most obviously, many injuries are caused by the force of the crash causing your body to hit an object like a car’s side window.
But even if your body doesn’t strike anything, you can still get injured from the force of the crash itself. For instance, spinal cord injuries can be caused by the car rapidly shifting positions under you. And collarbone and rib injuries can even be caused by your seatbelt as your bodyweight presses against it.
Another cause of injuries in car accidents is when your internal organs impact your skeleton, such as when your brain hits the walls of your skull.
We have plenty of experience helping patients recover from car accidents. To uncover the injuries caused by your accident, we’ll start by speaking with you about your symptoms and limitations. Then we’ll perform a physical exam that can include a range of diagnostic tools. For instance, we can use advanced technologies like bone scan, CT scan, ultrasound, and nerve conduction study.
We provide car accident injury rehab programs. These programs are customized to your unique needs and can incorporate a range of therapies. For example, some of the services we provide include:
- Physiotherapy: Can treat a range of injuries and help restore strength and range of motion.
- Massage therapy: Can help heal soft tissue damage.
- Chiropractic: Can treat back and neck injuries as well as nerve issues.
- Acupuncture: Can relieve pain and boost the healing process.
- Spinal Traction: Ideal for treating disc issues from accidents.
- Mental health therapy: Our counsellors and therapists can help with the mental issues related to car accidents.
- Functional braces: Can get you back to normal activities sooner by providing stability and helping you heal.
At Activa Clinics, we can also help with dealing with auto insurance companies. We have extensive experience treating victims of motor vehicle accidents, and most of our services are covered through either a car insurer or employer.
Our rehab programs will help you overcome whatever limitations the accident left you with. We create custom treatment plans that are efficient and effective so you can fully recover as soon as possible.
To learn more about how we can help, give us a call or schedule a consultation today.